|25 Jan – 29 Feb||10am – 4pm||Chinese New Year Exhibition
The story of Nuwa – Goddess of Creation
|26 Jan||2pm – 4pm||Chinese New Year craft workshop
Make your day more fun and try something different, we have a craft workshop on making gold leaf soap and you get to try our Chinese New Year snacks too!
|31 Jan||11am – 3pm||Lancaster Chinese New Year Celebration
Pagoda Chinese youth orchestra, guzheng, taichi and dancing.
|Lancaster Town Centre|
|3 Jan||10am – 2pm||Chinese New Year Workshop
See how various Chinese musical instruments are played and how they sound, learn how to do Chinese dance and how to make fabulous Chinese paper cutting. A tour of Liverpool Chinatown, one of the old Chinese community in Europe.
|7 Feb||1:30pm – 3:30pm||Chinese New Year Performance
Pagoda Chinese Youth Orchestra, Taichi, dance, drumming, guzheng ensemble and Merseyside Singme Choir.
|6pm – 9:30pm||Chinese New Year Performance
Pagoda Chinese Youth Orchestra and Dancers perform in Liner Hotel.
|9 Feb||1pm – 2:30pm||A3U group Chinese New Year culture and philosophy||Pagoda Arts|
|10 Feb||12pm – 3pm||Chinese New Year Celebration with Pine Court
An afternoon of Chinese food, music, dance and lion dance to celebrate the year of Monkey. (For Pine Court residents only)
|13 Feb||10am – 5pm||Tinderbox fair – Chinese New Year and Valentine craft fair
Activities includes Chinese knots and calligraphy workshop, self portrait, Chinese New Year and Valentine card making, also vintage café for you to have a nice drink and something to eat.
|2:30pm – 3pm||Chinese Music Performance
Members of Pagoda Youth Orchestra
|19 Feb||11:30am – 3pm||Chinese New Year Performance
Guzheng Ensemble lead by the world acclaimed virtuoso guzheng player Zi Lan Liao. Zi Lan will take you to a historic tour of China and its music development with her instruments. You will hear music back to 2000 years old to the most recent composition on the amazing instrument. You can have a go on the instrument and Zi Lan guarantees you to play tune within minutes.
|27 Feb||10am – 2:30pm||Chinese crafts workshops
Be creative! We have lots of fun workshops on Chinese crafts.
- About us
- Our work
- What’s On
- About Chinese Culture
- Chinese New Year Customs
- Chinese New Year Customs – 6th & 7th day before Chinese New Year
- Chinese New Year Customs – 5 Days Before Chinese New Year
- Chinese New Year Customs – 4 Days Before Chinese New Year
- Chinese New Year Customs – 2-3 Days Before Chinese New Year
- Chinese New Year Customs – Chinese New Year Eve
- Chinese New Year Customs – New Year Celebration
- Chinese New Year Customs – 年初二 2nd day
- Chinese New Year Customs – 年初三 3rd Day
- Chinese New Year Customs – 年初四 4th Day
- Chinese New Year Customs – 年初五 5th Day
- Chinese New Year Customs – 年初六 6th Day
- Chinese New Year Customs – 年初七7th Day
- Job Opportunity
- Pagoda Chinese Community & Youth Centre
- About Chinese Culture
- Picture gallery
- Get in touch