Pagoda Arts presents
The length of the composition. The layering of the elements and thoughts. The subject itself, China’s landscape. Bringing the essence of Shan Shui to a modern medium, photography.
This ﬁrst exhibition of indigenous images will take place at the Pagoda chinese youth and community centre in Liverpool from 19th March – 16th April, entry is free.
The exhibition will centre on the dramatic landscapes of Yunnan, China. with other grand locations such as the great wall and Nanjing.
Pagoda Chinese Youth & Community Centre, Henry Street, Liverpool, L1 5BU
Curator: Bryn Davies
Bryn Davies is a Liverpool based designer / photographer and the founder of Indigenous design and photography ltd. Having worked in design for 10 years, Bryn moved into the ﬁeld of photography where his expertise in visual expression could further be explored. As a visual communicator he takes this approach to photography, observing the situation and adapting his skills in search of the right image to communicate a scene.
He has worked in many countries, including most recently China. During which he built up a portfolio of images in Yunnan province. Some of which are included in the ﬁrst series of Shan shui: through the lens.
You can ﬁnd more information about Bryn and Indigenous at:
The exhibition is open from 10 am to 4 pm, Monday-Saturday. Admission Free.
Liverpool has the oldest Chinese community in Europe and there is much pride in the
history of this community. The Pagoda Centre was built in 1982 to serve the Chinese
people and the local community in Liverpool. “Shan shui: through the lens” is the second
exhibition in the series “our corner”. we will have a series of exhibitions and
demonstrations on various arts forms about China, produce by our local people (Chinese
or non, young or old).
For more information about ‘Our Corner’ exhibitions, Contact: Zi Lan Liao
Telephone: 0151 233 8833
Fax: 0151 233 8839
- About us
- Our work
- What’s On
- About Chinese Culture
- Chinese New Year Customs
- Chinese New Year Customs – 6th & 7th day before Chinese New Year
- Chinese New Year Customs – 5 Days Before Chinese New Year
- Chinese New Year Customs – 4 Days Before Chinese New Year
- Chinese New Year Customs – 2-3 Days Before Chinese New Year
- Chinese New Year Customs – Chinese New Year Eve
- Chinese New Year Customs – New Year Celebration
- Chinese New Year Customs – 年初二 2nd day
- Chinese New Year Customs – 年初三 3rd Day
- Chinese New Year Customs – 年初四 4th Day
- Chinese New Year Customs – 年初五 5th Day
- Chinese New Year Customs – 年初六 6th Day
- Chinese New Year Customs – 年初七7th Day
- Job Opportunity
- Pagoda Chinese Community & Youth Centre
- About Chinese Culture
- Picture gallery
- Get in touch